If somebody physically hurts you, or verbally abuses you, that’s bullying.
Specific types of bullying include:
- homophobic bullying based on your sexual orientation
- racist bullying because of your skin colour or ethnicity
- religious bullying because of your beliefs or faith.
- sizeist bullying referring to your body size
- sexist bullying focusing on you being of the opposite sex
- cyberbullying targeting you online, often anonymously
- bullying because you are different
Bullying can be a one-off or it can go on for a long time. And bullying can happen to anyone.
Ignoring bullying won’t make it go away. You need to tell someone about what is happening.
Support for your mental health
You can find out where you can get other support for your mental health by visiting the mental health section of this website.