Patient Records Administrator
This is a unique opportunity to be part of, and contribute to, the development of a new and innovative primary care organisation. We are establishing a coding and workflow team that will work across all four of our practice bases to support all aspects of safely and effectively managing our patient records. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of administrators and will be required to work without direct supervision and be able to determine their own workload priorities.
This role will be working within the coding and workflow team. Part of the team will be co-located in one practice base with other team members working in our other practice bases. The successful candidate must be flexible and able to work across all sites.
The main responsibilities of the post-holder will be:
- Processing incoming mail, prioritising for scanning for all Middlewood patients
- Workflow of EDT documents daily to practice base Docman
- Read coding information into the practice clinical system
- Auditing data collection standards in the practice
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into the electronic patient record
- Scanning of letters and relevant correspondence into patients notes
- Report faults to software supplier and track progress
- Proactively initiate data quality improvement projects
- Ensure security of data at all times
- Support the coding workflow manager
Support the Patient Records Manager