The PPG and PPF are groups of patients of the Middlewood Partnership who come together with staff from Middlewood to support and constructively challenge the development of the practice with the shared aim of improving services for patients.
We aim to:
- gather information from patients and offer opinion on their views to the Partnership
- liaise with doctors, practice staff, community health workers, Clinical Commissioning Groups and others concerned with health care
- identify gaps in current provision and local needs for service development
- disseminate information about the Patient Participation Group (PPG) and Partnership
- contribute to the development of collaborative services.
Each of the constituent practices of the Middlewood Partnership (Bollington, Schoolhouse Surgery in Disley, Priorslegh and McIlvride in Poynton) has their own Patient Participation Forum (PPF). These Fora meet regularly (3-4 times per year) and any patient from the relevant practice is invited to attend and give their views.
The Middlewood Patient Participation Group (PPG) is constituted of: the Chairs of each Forum, the Middlewood Partnership Managing Director, GP Partner representatives and one other representative of each PPF. The Middlewood PPG meets at least quarterly and provides an overview of views and co-ordination between the PPFs.
Recently we have been involved in:
- An annual Health Forum in Poynton
- Communications regarding the formation of the Middlewood Partnership
- Development and use of AskMyGP by the Partnership
We warmly welcome new members to the PPFs. For further information please contact:
Paul Vickers (Paul.Vickers@highpeak.homeinstead.co.uk) for Schoolhouse Surgery, Disley
Brian Leighton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Bollington Medical Centre
Ed Blundell (email@example.com) for Priorslegh Medical Practice
Colin Sibley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for McIlvride Medical Practice