McIlvride Medical Practice | the latest situation
McIlvride Medical Practice – the latest situation.
All Staff and Doctors at McIlvride have remained busy and active over the whole of the coronavirus lockdown period – responding to online requests, undertaking telephone consultations, and making arrangements for patients who needed an appointment to be safely seen in Priorslegh or Bollington by ourselves or our Middlewood colleagues. We have based ourselves at Priorslegh to see our patients, as well as working jointly with doctors from across Middlewood to provide essential urgent care, visiting, and prescribing services.
Up until recently, we used McIlvride medical practice as our COVID-19 assessment centre, where patients from across the Middlewood footprint could be seen away from vulnerable patients if they had COVID symptoms. Fortunately, with such low numbers of cases now, and quicker testing, we no longer need to use this building for this anymore and can start to re-locate our doctors and clinicians back.
We are all aware that considerable uncertainty remains. What is certain is that we will have to continue to live with further adaptions over the coming weeks and possibly months. We very much appreciate that this can be unsettling, so hence a bit of an update on the current situation:
- McIlvride Medical practice has re-opened for essential face to face appointments with your usual team of clinicians.
- As ever, the NHS website ( https://www.nhs.uk/) is a good place to start for health advice and the government website (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus) remains the best place to find guidance on anything related to coronavirus.
- The AskmyGP system remains the most effective way to request clinical advice on any important medical concerns and to request a consultation. We have decided to keep AskmyGP switched off at the weekend for safety reasons. It has never been monitored over the weekend and patients were posting medical queries that needed prompt action. Please use 111 over the weekend for the out-of-hours GP service or consult online Monday to Friday.
- The phone numbers for the Surgery have not changed and will be answered between 8 am and 6.30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Access to the Surgery will be by appointment only – it is so important that we can reassure everyone that needs to see a clinician that the risk of coming in contact with coronavirus in the Surgery is minimal. The door is therefore locked to avoid walk-ins.
- Prescriptions are best ordered online by Patient Access. We also accept requests (including requests for past or one-off medications) by AskmyGP. However, you can still drop in requests through our letterbox or by post. Please only request items on repeat prescription this way.
Prescriptions and other paperwork can be sent electronically as needed.
- Your team of doctors remains the same and if you need to be seen face to face the
appointment may well be at McIlvride, but there is still the option of being seen at
Priorslegh, Disley or Bollington if needed due to infection control purposes or availability.
- The main nursing services, for the time being, will remain in Poynton (at the Priorslegh
base) and Bollington – this situation is under review.
- The flu jab sessions will be running in Poynton this autumn, although inevitably in a
slightly different format to previous years.
Keep a lookout for updates on the website (https://middlewoodpartnership.co.uk/).
I hope this little update is helpful in these uncertain times.
Dr. Paul Bowen