COVID Vaccination booster programme update
Following the government’s latest announcement, we would like to provide an update with regards to our ongoing Covid Vaccination offer. The current government guidance is that vaccinations now, and over the coming months, will be available for the following patients:
- Boosters for all patients over 16 years old whose second dose was over 12 weeks ago. This ONLY applies if you have not already had a 3rd booster vaccination. If you have already had 2 vaccinations plus a 3rd booster then you will not be eligible for a 4th dose based on the current guidance, unless you meet the criteria below.
- 3rd doses for patients with severe immunosuppression whose second dose was more than 8 weeks ago
- 4th doses / boosters for patients with severe immunosuppression whose 3rd dose was more 12 weeks ago
- Spring boosters (4th or 5th doses) for ALL people aged 75 years and over, those in care homes and those aged 12 years and over with severe immunosuppression where it has been at least 3 months from the last dose
- 1st and 2nd vaccinations for ALL children aged 5-11 and all other patients yet to come forward who have not had a 1st or 2nd vaccination
We will continue to manage the programme in the same way as before and we will be sending text messages to invite patients or telephoning you on your landline if we do not have a mobile phone number recorded on your patient record. At this stage the clinics will not be drop in clinics and you will require an invitation to attend. Clinics will continue to be held at the Civic Hall in Poynton.
Below are some links to the government guidance that sets out who we are allowed to offer vaccinations too at this stage.