COVID Booster Program
A message from Middlewood
We are pleased to tell our patients that we have taken the decision to deliver the COVID 19 vaccine booster and that Clinics will begin in early October. We will be sending invitations out either by text message or telephoning you the same way we did previously for the COVID clinics. We will contact the elderly and most clinically vulnerable first. When you attend for your COVID booster, if you are eligible, we will be offering you a flu vaccination at the same time.
Please do not contact us for an appointment as we will be getting in touch with you.
We want everyone to know that the decision to deliver these booster vaccinations was not taken lightly. The safe, efficient and effective delivery of this next step in the fight against covid represents a very significant administrative and clinical workload for the practices. However, we are very clear that this booster programme represents the best way to protect our patient’s welfare and health for both the immediate and the longer term. We also wanted to make sure that there is somewhere local for our patients to attend.
Once again we would like to acknowledge that the delivery of the initial rounds of covid vaccinations in our area was only achieved by the wonderful efforts of the whole community. We were overwhelmed by the positive collaborative approach from everyone, the support in so many different ways and the kind words and gestures of thanks. It is clear that in order to effectively deliver this next round of vaccinations we are going to need a similar community wide approach and the collective efforts every registered patient.
Here’s just a few ideas for how you can contribute:
- Please do your best to stay healthy! Eat well, exercise well and sleep well. Look out for your family, friends and neighbours.
- Please try to resist the urge to contact us for your booster appointment – we will contact you.
- When invited please attend as advised – we will be delivering our booster clinics in the same manner to the previous covid vaccinations. For those that have not already had their flu jab, this will be given at the same appointment. If you do not want a covid booster you should still attend your appointment for your flu jab.
If you develop slight symptoms or a mild illness that causes you some concern, please first seek advice from the NHS website, NHS 111 or your local pharmacist before contacting the Surgery. This will free up clinicians to deal with other requests as well as delivering the vaccination programme.
- Please do still contact the Surgery in the usual way if you feel you need medical assistance for a new problem or a long term condition. We will continue to remain open for business during the forthcoming vaccination programme and it is important that you still contact us if you really feel you need medical help – be it via an online message, on the telephone or a face to face appointment (all of which we have been offering throughout the pandemic). Your continued understanding and patience at this extremely busy time is always appreciated.
- And finally, as many of you will be aware we were extremely grateful to have the support of an army of volunteers to help with the first two rounds of covid vaccinations. If you feel that you could help, including in administrative roles, over the next few months please contact: email@example.com. We think you will enjoy the experience and it will make a massive difference to your community!
The next few months are going to be challenging, but with everyone’s continued support, collective positive efforts and understanding we’ll get through this together.